Travel Tips for Pets
As a Kansas City pet friendly hotel, we know the importance of traveling with your pets. What family vacation is complete without all family members?? To make sure that both you and your four legged family members have a fun and memorable trip, we have a few travel tips for pets for you.
1. Be sure to have your contact information on your pet’s collar or have your pet microchipped when traveling with them. Visiting a fun and exciting city like Kansas City is tempting and they may want to get out and explore on their own.
2. Keep your pet in a secure, well ventilated crate or carrier while traveling. While in the car, Fido may want to let the wind flow through his beautiful locks but he may not realize the flying rocks or debris that could injure him.
3. Always have lots of water available, especially when it is warm outside. Stop frequently to allow your pet to relieve themselves. Just like humans, holding it in for long periods of time isn’t fun or comfortable.
4. When traveling across state lines or by plane, always check for vaccination requirements and carry proof of vaccinations with you.
5. Never leave your pet alone in the car, especially with the windows up. While it may be cool enough outside the car, the temperatures rise quickly inside and can be very dangerous for both pets and humans alike.
We look forward to having you stay with us, your Kansas City pet friendly hotel, and treating you to a nice, comfortable and relaxing stay in one of our chosen pet friendly rooms giving you access to our outdoor areas. Should you have any specific pet related questions prior to your arrival, give our friendly hotel staff a call and they will be happy to assist you with any questions or needs you may have. We hope you have safe travels and keep these travel tips for pets in mind to make your trip the best it can be for your four legged family members.